Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sing Like the Birds Sing


inspirational quote photography - sing


I love the poems of Rumi and am always looking for an opportunity to remind myself of the wisdom of his words.

This photography of seagulls resting on a dock near the beach,
with all its white space, just begged for a great inspirational quote.

"I want to sing like the birds sing,
not worrying about who hears or what they think"

If you're interested, here are a few more lines from Rumi's poem, "What I Want is To See Your Face."

I encourage you to read on.

~

What I want is to see your face
in a tree, in the sun coming out, in the air.

to swim like a huge fish in ocean water.

To be a desert mountain instead of a city.

I'm tired of cowards.
I want to live with lions.
With Moses.

Not whining, teary people
I want the ranting of drunkards.
I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying
who hears, or what they think.

Beyond wanting, beyond place, inside form,
That One.
A flute says, I have no hope for finding that.
But Love plays and is the music played.
Let that musician finish this poem.

I am a waterbird flying into the sun.

~

I chose just a few words for this inspirational quote photography, but I think they are really magnified within the context of more of the poem.

I find them calming and humbling...they really speak to me...do they speak to you?  Love to hear your thoughts in the comments.

Peace and xo.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

enjoy this post? be kind and share it!

all the photography on this site is available at www.beachbumchix.com or www.beachbumchix.etsy.com.